From thenotoriousmle.blogspot.com
Wednesday, May 05, 2004
(I was feeling pretty good about 30.5 out of 50 until I calculated - it's a 61%, which is an F - yikes!
Fifty things I'd love to do with my life:
1. Speak French with fluency (again) I work at a French-owned company, does that count for partial credit?
2. Inspire the people around me I think I do sometimes, which makes me inspired!
3. Be the kind of mom the other kids brag about
4. Be known for my story-telling Am I? I guess it depends on who you ask. My friend Sarah says no one tells a stroy like me.
5. Publish my BLOG
6. Write a children's book
7. Learn how to weld so I can make jewelry
8. Learn how to love my body/create a body I am proud of I've learned that is one you keep working on every day, so I can't really check it off the list.
9. Fall deeply in love Done...
10. (Create the most amazing, fulfilling marriage I can possibly imagine) and done.
11. Draw on a regular basis
12. Have an art show
13. Take a photography class
14. Be my nephew's favorite aunt Pretty sure I got this one in the bag for Mas - not sure how Nicholas feels
15. Be the best recruiter they've ever seen I'm pretty awesome - read the www.glassdoor.com ratings on the company I work if you don't want to take it from me.
16. Start a blogging circle I mean, me and my BFF's all pretty much have blogs.
17. Go to Greece I'd also like to go to Portugal.
18. Own a home Technically, I wont own it for 30 years and 30 days.
19. Get a Real Estate License I don't know that I would want to anymore.
20. Come as close to not caring what other people think of me as possible Maybe I like caring actually. It makes me concientious.
21. Spend a summer in Mexico
22. Learn how to make money doing what I love Working on it...
23. Live with more discipline and impeccability Everyone seems to think I am organized now. I have to try to convince MJC I am not naturally like this and that it is actually quite a lot of work to keep together.
24. Be an amazing friend I am the kind of friend I would like people to be to me!
25. Improve my memory MJC says I remember everything.
26. Increase my self-confidence It's not where I would want to be, but it's much higher than it was when I wrote this list in 2004
27. Raise my children to be happy, confident, independent and strong
28. Teach art to children I did that at LACMA
29. Make my business idea happen I know what I want to do, I just have to actually do it now.
30. Own a convertible I think a sunroof counts.I like it as much as a convertible.
31. Run a marathon My knees are getting better - maybe I will!
32. Learn how to weight train - then do it on a regular basis I did it for the wedding and I honestly don't see what the hype's about.
33. Figure out how to run on my knee Spinning classes helped and now I can!
34. Have a vegetable garden
35. Learn more about how children develop and learn
36. Make sure everyone I care about knows how much I think I am pretty good at showing them.
37. Take a vacation with a girlfriend
38. Learn how to give a great massage Over-rated - But I am one of the best massage receivers in the greater LA area.
39. Be able to give without expecting anything in return Sometimes
40. Be "highly self motivated" consistently Yeah...yeah I am pretty consistent.
41. Keep a neater house-stop being a pack rat You would not believe the transformation.
42. Take cooking classes and learn how to become an excellent cook MJC thinks I am good.
43. Fill my friends lives with laughter Some days yes, other days tears.
44. Learn how to sew I have a sewing machine now.
45. Build my vocabulary
46. Learn a new form of martial arts Is yoga a martial art?
47. Save desserts for special occasions I hate this one, but still working on it.
48. Own a restaurant
49. Learn how to be a great mom/ create a website where women can share ideas with each other on how to be a great mom
50. Write down all the stories that Dee tells me
2. Inspire the people around me I think I do sometimes, which makes me inspired!
3. Be the kind of mom the other kids brag about
4. Be known for my story-telling Am I? I guess it depends on who you ask. My friend Sarah says no one tells a stroy like me.
5. Publish my BLOG
6. Write a children's book
7. Learn how to weld so I can make jewelry
8. Learn how to love my body/create a body I am proud of I've learned that is one you keep working on every day, so I can't really check it off the list.
9. Fall deeply in love Done...
10. (Create the most amazing, fulfilling marriage I can possibly imagine) and done.
11. Draw on a regular basis
12. Have an art show
13. Take a photography class
14. Be my nephew's favorite aunt Pretty sure I got this one in the bag for Mas - not sure how Nicholas feels
15. Be the best recruiter they've ever seen I'm pretty awesome - read the www.glassdoor.com ratings on the company I work if you don't want to take it from me.
16. Start a blogging circle I mean, me and my BFF's all pretty much have blogs.
17. Go to Greece I'd also like to go to Portugal.
18. Own a home Technically, I wont own it for 30 years and 30 days.
19. Get a Real Estate License I don't know that I would want to anymore.
20. Come as close to not caring what other people think of me as possible Maybe I like caring actually. It makes me concientious.
21. Spend a summer in Mexico
22. Learn how to make money doing what I love Working on it...
23. Live with more discipline and impeccability Everyone seems to think I am organized now. I have to try to convince MJC I am not naturally like this and that it is actually quite a lot of work to keep together.
24. Be an amazing friend I am the kind of friend I would like people to be to me!
25. Improve my memory MJC says I remember everything.
26. Increase my self-confidence It's not where I would want to be, but it's much higher than it was when I wrote this list in 2004
27. Raise my children to be happy, confident, independent and strong
28. Teach art to children I did that at LACMA
29. Make my business idea happen I know what I want to do, I just have to actually do it now.
30. Own a convertible I think a sunroof counts.I like it as much as a convertible.
31. Run a marathon My knees are getting better - maybe I will!
32. Learn how to weight train - then do it on a regular basis I did it for the wedding and I honestly don't see what the hype's about.
33. Figure out how to run on my knee Spinning classes helped and now I can!
34. Have a vegetable garden
35. Learn more about how children develop and learn
36. Make sure everyone I care about knows how much I think I am pretty good at showing them.
37. Take a vacation with a girlfriend
38. Learn how to give a great massage Over-rated - But I am one of the best massage receivers in the greater LA area.
39. Be able to give without expecting anything in return Sometimes
40. Be "highly self motivated" consistently Yeah...yeah I am pretty consistent.
41. Keep a neater house-stop being a pack rat You would not believe the transformation.
42. Take cooking classes and learn how to become an excellent cook MJC thinks I am good.
43. Fill my friends lives with laughter Some days yes, other days tears.
44. Learn how to sew I have a sewing machine now.
45. Build my vocabulary
46. Learn a new form of martial arts Is yoga a martial art?
47. Save desserts for special occasions I hate this one, but still working on it.
48. Own a restaurant
49. Learn how to be a great mom/ create a website where women can share ideas with each other on how to be a great mom
50. Write down all the stories that Dee tells me
1 comment:
More than half is quite excellent, I'd say. Better than most of us. Keep it up, Carlin.
Post a Comment