Friday, July 18, 2008

WISH LIST

WISH#1- A jersey cardigan with a long wrapping element. I already have a black Banana Republic cardigan kind of like this although the length in the front is much shorter. I think a longer one would be much more elegant. I got the one I have maybe two months ago and I think I may have worn it 50 times already.

The peach one comes in a light green color too - its DKNY from www.bluefly.com

I love the heather grey because it it a pretty mix of casual color and sophisticated shape.
Victoria's Secret Cotton & Cashmere Sweater Wrap $58.00

Let me express a small frustration about GAP?, Inc/ BR for just a moment. This is EXACTLY where they screw up. Everyone is wearing these cardigans now right? I mean I have seen several versions. But the one at BR has been out of stores for two months and the GAP never had one. I don't know if I don't understand GAP's brand our their buyers don't - but here is what I expect when I go to the GAP - Classic pieces & wardrobe basics which carry over season after season. I see commercials for khakis, black turtleneck sweaters, button-down shirts and t-shirts- the ads feature one person, usual a celeb wearing that garment and looking like they have a secret - they LOVE the GAP because it is a timeless retailer they remember from when they were kids. Yet all of those basics you see in the ads always seem to be in their regular fashion assortment. They come in in May and they leave in June.
I remember going into the GAP and randomly finding this great t-shirt about a year ago - the fit was perfect. I think it may have even been called the perfect t-shirt. So I wear that one for a month or two and then I see how much use I am getting and I try to go back to the store and get more and they don't have any. They don't have any of "the perfect t-shirt". Are you kidding? They created something that would supersede all other t-shirts ever created and then they make it for a 3 month life cycle? Maybe they are trying to leave me wanting more.
If I am looking for my favorite t-shirt at GAP I want to be able to find it. The other fashion pieces can change but what irritates the hell out of me is that they make a great basic out of the blue and then it is gone in a month and it never returns. I wrote about this in freaking 2002 as well - when GAP was making even weirder selections. I see a lot of improvement and I want to love them but CARRY THE BASICS!!!!!

#2 - THIS IS A WISH FOR A FRIEND
I am trying to convince my friend Sarah to get the bag on the right. This is the Botkier 'Bryant' Hobo. It retails for $595.00 on www.nordstrom.com but for the Anniversary Sale, it is running at $394.00. She was in the market for a black handbag but did not want to spend more than $350.00. She is debating between this one and a Marc by Marc Jacobs bag on shopbop for about the same amount. Let me explain to you, as I did to her, why she should get this bag.
1) Sarah has a $50 Nordstrom gift card and a Nordstrom credit card. This means she will pay $344 plus I think free shipping
2) If she purchases it on her Nordstrom card before July 20th she gets double points, which means essentially a $40 reward card.
3) This puts the cost of a $600 AMAZING handbag at $304 - HALF PRICE! Not only is this a deal of a lifetime, but...
4) This is an excellent investment piece. The bag is beautiful, made of supple, buttery lambskin -it is so soft and it will wear so well. This is a bag she could have in her closet for 20 years.
5) Let's say she only likes it for 5 (which let's be honest, will NOT happen) AND let's imagine that she will carry it only a 1/3 of the year because she has other handbags she will want to rotate in. This means that she will carry it for a total of 608 days bare minimum. That puts the cost per wear at $0.50. Are you kidding me? NOTHING costs 50 CENTS! It is a STEAL!!!!!!!!!

#3- WOW Factor Shoes - I have two great pairs but I would like to get a couple more because I wear the same two pairs of shoes every day lately - or at least I want to.

These are Nine West from Zappos.com
Very cute, and I would like a pair of orange or red heels to pop some color into a couple of more drab outfits.

A friend at work bought these Steve Maddens - they are almost exact replicas of the Dior ones - beautiful. She got them in brown but I would get them in black.

Ooh! And I just looked again on stevemadden.com and they have them in a grey python now - wow!

Ahhh! If only I were not dropping close to three grand to be in my friend's wedding who I am learning "doesn't worry about money" not because it will all sort itself out and she plans well like I previously imagined, but sadly (for me) because she has absoltely no concept of how much things cost.


These are BCBG Girls - I love the canary and snakey - it's a good sunny but sexy mix.


I am swooning over these even though a coworker has them and she says they kill her feet. They had them on zappos a couple of months ago in a black python finish, which I prefered to the satin.

Moving on from zappos - check out these amazing gladiator heels!

These Balenciagaesque beauties are from Marciano.com.
I plan to check them out in person. There is also an amazing metallic purple and teal version as well.

Nine West always has good fashion-y shoes at lower price points. I love these because they look like Cynthia Vincent. I am torn about color choice though - red or purple? Tough choice.

What is the deal though with the pre-order. I can pre-order these from ninewest.com and the latest they will ship is two months from now - who does serve?


I LOVE!!!! these - They are from Steve Madden. Again, I would want to see these in person because I think the color would make or break them. I would want it to be a cafe au lait with a lot of milk tone or beigy ecru not grey as described and not too white. $269 though - yuck AND I am not nearly ready to rock boots with it being so humid and hot.

These are from www.shopdolcevita.com - very pretty. Oh why do I not have an unlimited show budget?

Oh well, some ideas for the future or maybe if anyone is reading this blog and happens to have a much larger budget than I do. If you are that person and you do not wear an 8 1/2 please go to www.zappos.com and look up the Cynthia Vincent blue python sandles - they are absolutely stunning.

FOUND!- A neutral pair of flats that look like Angelina Jolie's Lanvin ones:
I got mine at Urban Outfitters about 2 weeks ago now. I feel like every woman should have a pair. They are the ultimate flip flop alternative. Sadly, I looked and they are not online, but seriously - do yourself a favor and go get yourself a pair of these pretty carmel colored ballet flats you will wear everywhere!

#4- A dressier alternative to the ribbed tanks I wear with skirts every day :)
Express.com has this pretty ruffled tank. What I like about it is that if you are wearing a tulip, high-based, or full a-line skirt, you really need a form fitting top. Generally, I wear my "wife beaters" with EVERY thing. But there has to be a better way.
I wish there were a website exclusively devoted to mining items from online stores current assortments and telling people how ot make an outfit out of them. Maybe I could be the person to make that website? Hmmm...

Rebecca Taylor has such pretty, feminine pieces.
This top is so perfect because of that strong Y-back. To me, that detail makes the shirt. You could certainly tuck this into a high waisted pencil skirt and look wonderful.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers