Monday, July 21, 2008

Michele's Wedding Shoes


Michele's Wedding Shoes
Looking for blue - as a way to add a fun pop of color and add a to nod to her sapphire engagement ring I still have not seen.

Option 1: Simple but Flirtatious
Capparos, Zander from www.piperlime.com
Navy Satin
2 1/2 inch covered heel - which will be good for dancing
100% silk upper and leather outsole
sequin detail
These are on sale for $29.99

Option 2: Edgy, Sassy, Fun!
Betsey Johnson, Tabitha from www.zappos.com
These may be too fun - but I love them! Blue suede wedding shoes - are you kidding? So cool.
What a pretty shoe. What I love about Betsey Johnson are the details - the soul is pink with a face on it - go to the site and check it out. I think they add a little silliness to a generally serious day. You should have fun! I love the almost robin's egg blue of these with the girly, flat bow with the tiny touches of sparkle. In terms of your fit, the wide strap across the widest part of your foot will camouflage the areas you are worried about. They also have a slightly padded insole which should make them much more comfortable to stand in despite the 3 1/4 inch heel. They are new to the site, so they do not have a comfort score yet. They are going for $190.00

Option 3: Classic & Sexy rsvp, Mardi (Navy/Satin) www.zappos.com Satin upper, 4 inch heel
I think these are beautiful, but they may be a bit high for you and the navy could be too dark -it almost looks black. They may lack the evening wedding fanciness I think you need.
These scored a 4 1/2 of 5 stars for comfort
81% said they felt a half size larger than marked
$65.00

Option 4: Glam with a little bling
rvsp, Kellia (navy/satin)
www.zappos.com
These got high marks for comfort as well and they heel is only 3 inches.
I like the rhinestone detail-it's elegant and elevates these to a wedding shoe without being too over the top. I am worried you won't like the thin strap across the ball of your foot. It could make your feet look crammed in. $75.00

Option 5: Go big or go home!
I just want to acknowledge, I recognize these may not be realistic but you did save a lot on your dress and they are from www.bluefly.com, which means a solid savings.
Christian Louboutin
navy velvet 'Palace Strass' jeweled detailed sandals
  • Lightly padded leather insole
  • Signature red leather sole (Oprah and everybody else that can wears these red soles - everyone else covets them)
  • 4¾'' stiletto heel
$784.00 (They WERE $980.00 - which is a 20% savings)

Now if you are balking at the price right now, let me walk you through some of my retail math.
These are shoes your children and your children's children will pass on. They are a collectible commodity as much as a wearable piece of art for your wedding day.
Not only that, let's say you and your husband attend approximately two fancy dinners every year for each year you are married (they will last). That is at least 100 wears. That means they are really only $7.84 each wear - a steal! Plus every time you wear them - you own the room - these are STUNNING! I'm just saying...a girl can dream!

Option 6: These may be my favorite!
Prada beige satin floral detailed slides
www.bluefly.com
  • Smooth satin upper with enamel detail
  • Rounded open toe
  • Leather lining
  • Leather sole
  • 4'' floral painted enamel heel
Here is what I like about these - in the front, they are a more traditional bridal shoe: modest, lots of coverage for the widest part of your foot, glamorous but still casual enough for your dress. But then you get to the back, which most people will not even see - but you will know it's there. There is an amazing enamel flower on the top and its stem is the heel. PLUS - that is your something blue. That is some serious wow factor for you! Just what every bride needs - even the most simple ones. Do you love these? They are $440.00 down from $550.00 - again a 20% savings - and the cost per wear on these is obviously much cheaper than the Louboutin's.

So these are just some ideas to get you started from my three favorite shoe websites! Keep in mind you can return all if they don't work - just don't walk on a hard floor when you try them on.
Have fun!

PS- please see my previous blog on the beauty of the botkier handbags
You can find them at www.botkier.com, www.neimanmarcus.com, www.shopbop.com, www.nordstrom.com or www.revolveclothing.com
Of course you can also find botkier for Target at www.target.com and in stores now. This is the one I got, which I thought was the best looking one in the collection.





No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers