Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Spiders Crawling Up Your Back

Pregnant women don't have more intense dreams than non-pregnant women, but apparently all the waking in the middle of the night interrupts the REM cycle and makes us remember our dreams better.

Last night I dreamt we were cleaning about the baby-to-be's room and there was office furniture in there, including a large black file cabinet. I moved it away from the wall and behind it, found the entire surface covered in hundreds of spiders. I wasn't scared by them, more shocked they'd been there this whole time without my knowing. When I woke up in the middle of the night I told myself to remember the spiders.

When I got to work this morning I looked up the significance of spiders in a dream dictionary and here is what I found:

Spiders in dreams are a symbol of good luck. They signify a need to find a creative solution to resolve a situation and that you have it in you to find the solution. Spiders also signify a rush of creativity and could point you in a new career direction. They are a symbol of strength and resiliency- the dreamer has what it takes to get through.

Delighted, I interpreted this to mean that perhaps I will find a way to stay home with Baby C or at least a more fulfilling career path which lends me the flexibility to have more time with my first born.

Now to dream about HOW to do that...

2 comments:

Camille said...

I keep thinking/saying/musing that with all the talented women I know, there must be some way to band together and give the world something it needs -- but the question is, what is it?

Anonymous said...

I'm with Camille. I'm sure I could be a success with a yarn/cafe/book shop, but I need a marketing person, a business advisor, real estate, etc.
The world needs knitting, and pastries, and books.. And a great place to talk to other women-networking etc.

Blog Archive

Followers