I love the mail system of our new house. Mail is delivered by a chatty guy named Joe who thinks Wife Swap is a horrifying show but he watches it anyway. He comes before 11 am, which is wonderful because it's nice to get everything so early. The UPS guy comes at some mysterious time in the night, which we have not pinpointed. It is certainly after 6:30 pm but before 6:00 am. A couple of times now we've had the delicious treat of checking the mail when we get home from work, going to bed, and then waking up to walk to the kitchen, and suddenly spotting a present on our porch. It's like some kind of postal bunny or fairy that leaves us offerings on our doorstep while we are fast asleep.
This morning I woke up and spotted a package I'd been expecting. Earlier in the week, I purchased two pairs of shoes for MJC on Gilt Group. Gilt is an online sample sale site that allows you to buy designer things at a fraction of their retail price. I scooped up a pair of Cole Hahn brown loafers and navy deck shoes for MJC at almost 60% off. It sounds like an indulgence, but new brown loafers were an imperative for MJC ever since his boss asked him why he kept wearing his slippers to work, and the deck shoes are just so Andrew-McCarthy-circa-Pretty-in-Pink-good.
I ripped open the package on our front step and screamed at sleeping MJC in the other room, to keep his eyes closed. Then I tiptoed into our room and grabbed his feet from under the covers and put on his new shoes.
Wake me up like that any day!
2 comments:
hilarious, and your model is a good sport
I've always thought of MJC as a fashion plate. But the new loafer goes on the other foot. Deck shoes always go on the right.
Post a Comment