I woke up this morning after making a pretty delicious dinner for mom, Dee and MJC and realized I'd dreamt about Laura and Michelle. Laura and Michelle were my high school and college "best friends". Both of those relationships ended, and they ended fairly terribly.
But last night I dreamt I was living with a roommate and the roommate had invited Laura over. When I walked into the room and saw her I waited for her to do something first. Instead of blurting out an "I'm sorry" I didn't mean because I'm so desperate to be accepted even by total assholes, or turning to run, I stood there and waited for her move. To my surprise, she was nice to me.
What happened between us was a long time ago. I don't want anything bad to happen to her. She made awful things happen to herself after all. After dream Laura did not run away from dream me - I felt at peace about it.
Then next part of the dream blended into Michelle. I saw her at an art opening at this beautiful, very modern house. I had the same initial reaction where I wanted to run or yell but instead I waited. Then she was kind to me. WTF?
I woke up feeling settled and lucky and happy and like I'd spent my sleeping hours doing some healthy housecleaning. Ahhhhh.
1 comment:
Yee Ha! It's an omen, or an action plan, for other friend situations!
Post a Comment