Wednesday, November 12, 2008

TELL THE TRUTH

I called to follow-up with my car insurance today about the accident I was in on Halloween.

At the scene of the accident, the guy who backed into me tried to say it was both of our faults, even though my car was not moving and it was only my car that had damage. He said "No body is hurt and my car does not even had damage so let's just be done with it."

I asked for his insurance he said he would be happy to let our lawyers handle it. I calmly said, "No, I did not ask for your lawyer's information, I asked for your insurance because that is the law when you are in an accident." He still refused and then tried to drive away.

Back to today, I called my insurance to learn that the jerk who hit me is now saying that he does have damage to his car and that he has whiplash and he is making a counter claim against me. He is an absolute fraud.

I shook it off as best I could and proceeded with my day.

Then when I got home, I was excited to see the Diane von Furstenburg skirt I ordered from eBay for $30 in an envelope at the top of the stairs. Yay!
I opened it and instantly identified it as a fake. The tag had been removed, the fabric was cheap and the size was very wrong.

I was mad but decided to give the seller the chance to do the right thing before I left nasty seller's feedback for her.

I sent her a calm email explaining that I was disappointed and why and that I expected her to reimburse me and that I would send back the skirt.

She wrote a rude email back beginning with "LOL", explaining she worked in fashion ( I doubt it) and I didn't (wrong, plus how would she know what I do) and listing her address.

Are there any other honest strangers out there? Feeling doubtful, I certainly do not LOL.

1 comment:

drtaxsacto said...

SO who is Diane von Furstenberg and why do you want her skirt? Have you gotten any satisfaction from E-BAY?

Blog Archive

Followers