Last night I dreamed about Seth Blinko (a kid from my elementary school) and that Sam Rosenblat (a girl from one of my jobs) was falling in love with him. It was such a bizarre juxtaposition of different periods of my life. The dream was centered at my elementary school and although a lot of my childhood memories of that school are of awkwardness and embarrassment, I felt comforted and reassured being there again while I was asleep.
That is, until the end of the dream when my friend Eric told me that my mom had said something about my making bad decisions. He was reluctant to tell me what she said, but even in telling me she'd said something made me feel the same way he was nervous to make me feel. The specifics were irrelevant. Despite the ending, when I woke up I felt such a weirdly comforting feeling. I don't usually have that when I just wake up. Normally, I am instantly thinking about what I need to do or don't want to do (those usually overlap) or am stuck trying to figure out a creepy nightmare.
Oh! And so then after I woke up, I started thinking about Seth and wondering what he was up to - literally have not thought about him in maybe 15 years- and was delighted to find he is a realtor, stuntman and of course, actor. Funny.
Maybe my blog does not know yet, but all the time I come up with movie ideas that I share with MJC. I am always so excited to tell him and inevitably he tells me it is the same idea as before - usually some sort of sliding doors, fateful coincidences kind of thing.
So my movie idea this morning was - what if this woman was with her husband and she starts dreaming about all of these past memories and when she is awake slowly forgetting her short term history with him.
I dreamed in color last night. I know because I remember being in mud (don't remember why) and wearing my bright pink wellies. I cant remember if I dreamed words.
Which brings me to another question. Can you read in your dreams? Last weekend at MJC's brother's wedding, one of the groomsmen asserted that you cannot read in your dreams. I can remember feeling like I was getting a message from a page in a dream but I don't know if I was reading or not.
I looked that up too this morning and found a whole discussion on http://ask.metafilter.com/24325/Reading-in-dreams
Apparently there was a Batman cartoon where Batman deduces that he's stuck in a dream by the fact that he can't read. I am pretty sure this is where the groomsman may have heard the "fact" he shared with us.
There were several people talking about being able to read in dreams and thinking it was because they were left handed. I know a lot of lefties, but none who seem to remember their dreams.
As you can tell from my most recent posts, I am obsessed with both fashion and dreams - neither of which I think are trivial. I don't think I ever dream wishes - more rehashing the past or frightful events I nearly escape. MJC, when he does remember his dreams usually talks about meeting rock stars or winning prizes. It seems even our subconscious minds are a good balance for each other.
Now that I've added my site meter, I realized that most people who "read" my blog happen upon it when they are googling articles of clothing. However, here is a good experiment: If you read this posting, please pretty please, comment on it telling me about the last dream you can remember. I love hearing about dreams so I would really appreciate it.
No comments:
Post a Comment