Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Old-Faithfuls

I was just sitting on the edge of my bath tub doing an at home facial peel when I opened my REAL SIMPLE magazine and spotted an adorable letter from the editor about optimism versus disappointment and it resonated with me. Particularly, the fact that her solution to this disappointment was to make a list of faithful items that never disappoint. I want to make my own now. In a side note, this is likely a vignette which describes my chronic tardiness to work.
  • Narcisco Rodriguez body lotion. (I first got this perfume and lotion set as an extra-celebratory wedding scent. It smells more floral than my usual perfumes but intoxicating and the layering of the body lotion and perfume make the lovely smell linger on my skin until at least when I wake-up the next morning)

  • Starbucks Latte. (This could make or break my Saturday. People say their coffee is too bitter but they make a damn near perfect latte.)

  • The hair clip I bought at Ann Taylor loft about 4 years ago. It's a little barrette that has a made in France stamp on one of the metal inner pieces. It's one of those things I throw in a bag and never seem to lose. It just keeps popping up.

  • Burberry aviators. (These sunglasses work better on my face than any of my jagnormous Jackie O pairs and they are a tad more subtle.)

  • Calypso Julia Dress. (I have one in gold and one in white and I love them both. I have blogged them before, but this is the dress that TRK wore to the wedding and looked AMAZING in. I think anyone looks amazing in them actually.

  • Mason's "Hey Auntie"s. (I wish there was a way to add an audio file, but every time he says it my whole face lights up.

  • MJC's hugs. (Usually when I am mad at him I refuse them because they never fail to make me like him again and feel a little safer.)

  • Ferris Bueller's Day Off. (BEST MOVIE EVER - enough said)

  • Tarte 24/7 Lip Sheer in Sunday. (I freaking love this lip color)

  • US Weekly magazine. (Getting this magazine in my mail box can make or break my day - sad but true. I can not wait to read about Britney Spear's whorey little knocked-up sister this week!)

  • My GAP oatmeal heather wrap sweater from at least a year and a half ago, purchased on Chesnut Street in SF because I was cold when I was out walking.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers