Yahoo! It's a 4 day weekend! I still have to shop for MJC's stocking and get ingredients to make Christmas cookies but everything else is done.
Tomorrow morning, MJC and I drive to Orange County to buy a "new" car since his finally crapped out in the rain and the dark on the 101 the other night.
I am so excited about it! I technically bought my current car, but it was with stock money I'd earned from money my dad had given me and it was not enough to purchase what I wanted. I did not know what I wanted but my dad picked that we went to go look at Civics and Camrys. I wanted something reliable and with a sunroof. I could not afford a sunroof so we settled on a Civic. It was mine, but it did not really feel like my choice. This time, I am terrified to spend this much money because we are balancing so many wants with an uncertain timeline: when do we have a baby, buy a house, pay off our debt, replace our very long in the teeth cars?. But I also feel so excited. I decided what I could afford then looked at all the cars I possible could buy in that range and tomorrow we are going to look at three of them. Naturally, I'll have much more to blog about tomorrow afternoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment