Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The last time I cried

Phone Salesman Amazes Crowd - Paul Potts - Video

I read the title of this link and was certain when I opened it that it would be amaze in the pejorative. Our culture is so conditioned to see people's failures that I expected this dumpy looking fellow to fall flat and get laughed at. What a beautiful lesson to see someone who struggles with self-confidence find the strength to pursue his passion and actually succeed. Even if it goes nowhere from here, for a man like that (and I realize I am making a lot of assumptions about him but I think I am right) to get even 30 seconds of people applauding and fighting back tears. Imagine being able to visibly impact your environment like that when you are used to being a wall flower.

I love this!

1 comment:

Tulip said...

I cried too. And he won! The whole ontest in London. And he got a contract!

Blog Archive

Followers