Monday, December 7, 2009

A page from my journal

We started painting Sloane's room on Saturday. MJC taped the walls and painted everything pink. Sunday morning, he woke up and started measuring and taping stripes. This process will be time intensive, but when he is finished, we will be able to add the darker pink stripes et voila, an Eloise at the Plaza room for Sloaney Baloney.

I feel beautiful lately - like I'm glowing. Being pregnant makes me feel a little like a rock star - in a company of approximately 800 people, I suddenly feel unique. Walking between buildings takes me longer now because I stop to answer questions about Sloane - How much time do I have left? Do we know if were having a boy or a girl? Does she have a name? They are primarily the same questions, but I'm so appreciative that people are interested in a process I sometimes find consuming.

I'm so happy for Sloane that so many people are already interested in her little life even before she takes her first breath. I remember once being homesick at Dee's house. We sat on her same couch she still has and she listed names- family members I knew about and didn't know about who loved me. It was an incredibly comforting thing to do. If she ever feels sad or unsure I'll remind her of all of the people who already love her and I hope it will make her feel better too.

We watched Kill Bill 2 again Sunday night and considered Sloane Beatrix after Beatrix Kiddo. We'll see...who knew the middle name would be what we struggled with?

It's raining today and all I wanted to do was stay home in bed instead of come to work. It's the first rain we've had in such a long time and I feel excited for everything to feel clean and cozy.

Baby Sloane will start to "dream" REM sleep in a few weeks. How strange to consider that someone with no actual life experiences can fall into REM sleep and potentially dream. I wish I could know what she might be thinking or feeling.

It's the half way point today - 19 weeks down and 19 to go.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers