Thursday, June 11, 2009

JASON

There has been evidence since college, you can't trust a Jason.  I dated three of them, each relationship ending worse than the last.

After suffering from adult acne and doing regular shopping at Whole Paycheck, I've begun to worry about the nebulous, all-inclusive phrase TOXINS.

I quit smoking, I wash my fruits and vegetables before I eat them, I know which things to buy organic, I worry about smog and harmful rays from the sun, and I protect myself as well as I can. 

But suddenly, I've begun to worry about the toxins I am putting ton my skin- the largest organ of my body. What is in my make-up and my lotion and my self-tanner and my deodorant? What are those chemicals and how do they impact me as they absorb into my organs. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parabens
http://www.naturalnews.com/009969.html

This lead me to purchase a natural and organic deodorant that did not contain aluminum or paraben


Enter JASON Lavender Deodorant. I've been confined to very little activity within my home due to post-concussive issues, so JASON had an advantage in consumer testing in that I was not giving him much of a test at all. I've not broken a sweat once. 
Yet, twice I've done a pit check and been confronted with the horrible and unfamiliar chicken-broth type smell of B.O.! This is unacceptable. 

I read the package again: "Lavender Oil and Vitamin E deliver floral freshness while Zinc Ricinoleate (derived from Castor Beans) and Rice absorbs and neutralize body odor". 
Hmmm. Rice. I mean, I am sure JASON did testing before releasing to the public - does this mean my special brand of smell is so off putting and persistent that JASON can't handle it? This product cannot attack the body odor of a 5'4 sedentary, confined to her house, TV watcher?

A little lady sitting on her couch all day watching Gran Torino and Law & Order marathons should not get B.O. In fact, this little lady is pretty confident that had I not worn any deodorant at all, I likely would not have experienced this foul social problem.

In these economic times, it's awfully wasteful to pitch my JASON in the bin just because it's woefully ineffective - I mean I just bought it! But no time like the present to learn the lesson I should have three Jasons ago. You can't trust a Jason.





2 comments:

drtaxsacto said...

There is some discussion in the literature about the potentially negative effects of zinc derivatives in deodorant.

Catherine Avril Morris said...

Dude, that JASON shit doesn't work. Neither does the Tom's of Maine line of deodorant. Remember that commercial from when we were kids, about some air freshener some lady used on her garbage can? And her kid said "Ewww, Mom, now it smells like fishy roses"? That's Tom's of Maine for ya. Try the crystal. All natural, really works. It gets a little jagged after a while, which is uncomfortable. Then you get a new one.

Blog Archive

Followers