Sunday, April 12, 2009

Saturday Night Stalking

Last night, MJC planned to take me on a date to this little carnival that suddenly appeared across from the Mulholland Fountain. 

When I woke up in the morning, I was excited about this plan apart from the stabbing stomach pains and bloating plaguing me since Friday morning.  Then I got packing obsessed. 

It's remarkable to me, when packing that the more I pack, the more I realize I have left to pack. Yesterday I packed over a dozen boxes while MJC kept me company. 

At 5-ish, I'd already been at it for hours and he suggested we break for dinner or at least showering. I did not relent until closer to 6:30 when I'd filled the guest room with 30 stacked boxes of all of our things. 

We got to dinner by 7:30 and with terrible service, we did not leave until 9:30. By then, my stomach felt terrible so we made the sad decision to skip the carnival. Instead we decided to stalk our house.

Both MJC and I have a weird little habit of hoping on at least two freeways to "be in the neighborhood" of our new house lately. Independently, we'd both driven by after work on more than one occasion. Let me draw you a little diagram of how that went:

MJC Office -----------------------------------------------------------------NEW house
     X----------------------------------------------------------------------------------X






__________________________________Current Apartment
________________________________________X




____________________________________________ My Office
__________________________________________________ X


There we were at 10 pm looping around the block and looking adoringly at our house from all angles. We only stopped after the fourth or fifth loop when I thought I saw one of the current owners peering out from behind their curtains.

I love our new house. Actually, right now a more accurate statement would be I love THE house. "Our" is not actionable yet as a weekish before we are supposed to close escrow, the financial contingency still has not been lifted because we are waiting to hear back from the lender.

2 comments:

drtaxsacto said...

Looking forward to stalking with you when we are there - after you have moved in.

Tulip said...

But what about the stomach pains? And memo to DrTax, Can you stalk a house you are already living in?

Blog Archive

Followers