Sunday, March 15, 2009

Tuxedo Thoughts

For some reason (and I think it is a chic one) I really want to get a tuxedo shirt and a fitted black blazer/tuxedo jacket that is my sized. I don't want it to look girly except in proportions so I am thinking I can save up and get one from the boys section of Brooks Brothers (which are curiously over-priced considering a boy grows so quickly).

When we were dating, I rescued a treasure from MJC's Goodwill pile - a tuxedo shirt of his he was mysteriously throwing away. It is now my favorite nightgown a la Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's. The fabulous thing about it is it is light-weight, you can keep it buttoned and just throw it over your head, it is long enough (because it was MJC's) to cover my swimsuit area -and it is even longer in the back, and best of all, it looks kind of casually elegant.  Who does not want to look casually elegant when they are getting ready for bed?

1 comment:

Tulip said...

I love this picture!

Blog Archive

Followers