Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thursday, which is my Friday

This morning I had a hideous song stuck in my head "Poker Face". 
For the past few weeks, my team has decided to listen to KIIS FM all day, which means I hear 5 songs on repeat:
1) "Just Dance" - Lady Gaga (My boss shared with me that her dad is Italian and referred to poop as gaga while she is growing up so now I can't see this woman as much of a lady)
2) "I hate this part" - Pussy Cat Dolls 
I actually thought both of the first two songs were by Rhianna, so I thought on the day it was announced that Chris Brown beat the shit out of her,  and it was all anyone could talk about, that KIIS  was classlessly playing all of her songs. I was actually wrong in my assessment of KIIS being classless( for that reason).
3) "Right Round" - Flo Rida and Keisha (the original was way better)
4) "Circus" - Britney Spears
5) "Poker Face" - Lady Gaga

When I first heard song #5 I thought perhaps it was a joke. The lyrics show arguably the least talent exhibited in song-writing in the last 20 years. Seriously - this song being played on the radio represents the decline of civilization as we know it. Have you seen Idiocracy? Well you should -this is what it is all about. 

Puh-puh-puh poker face puh puh poker face
mah mah mah mah mah mah mah my poker face

So I was telling MJC about this song stuck in my head as he was walking me out this morning and then lo and behold, because they play it every 5 songs, I turn on the car and there it is AGAIN! I rolled down the window as I drove by and made him listen. I think he was horrified for the rest of the day. Me? I drove to work and listened to it at least 8*60/3/5...I hate math...every 5th song for 8 hours.

But tomorrow is Friday and technically my Saturday because it is my furlough day so no work - WOOT WOOT!!

PS - I am so excited - Catherine and I have a fun penpal project I made up. The assignment is we both have to document a day in a life of our respective lives and blog it to each other before April 5th (1 month away). I am so excited to plan what I'll do. 

2 comments:

Tulip said...

Are you having a happy, happy (no work)day? I am having one too!. I just took Mason to school, and now I am home. But what I really wanted to say is if your doctor recommends Clomid, I took it because I wasn't ovulating after taking high dose birth control for 8 years, and I had you! Just took it one time, and got pregnant. Nancy Juvinall took it too, one time, and had Peter.

Tulip said...

Try singing Zippedy Doo Dah. I have it on goos authority that it will chase anything out of your head, while NOT implanting itself.

Blog Archive

Followers