I am on a budget. I hate that. But I should be out of debt by the end of January 2009.
MJC and I are obsessed with buying a house and yet we've concluded that the least expensive houses available in our area are likely 450-600,000 and require excellent credit and maybe a 20% down payment. Cool. We could probably pull that together by 2017! Yahoo!
My friend Sarah is black, kind of. She frequently likes to tell me that I am more black than she is, which I find amusing. Sometimes when I say things like "Dang" (which I mostly picked up from my 6 year old nephew) she says "Girl, did you fall asleep watching BET again?". I love that.
Jennifer loves to say "Oh word" which I also find incredibly amusing.
I loved Obama's infomercial - it actually made me cry (for good). I mean to be clear, it was manipulative, but I thought effective. The Daily Show made good fun of it, talking about how the infomercial opened with ACTUAL amber waves of grain. Stewart said it was to help you see Obama was the kind of guy you'd like to brew a beer with.
I am so tired and ready for this whole thing to be decided.
Today, some jackass backed into my car and tried to say it was both of our faults and then refused to give me his insurance info. Luckily, I was in a parking lot next to an LA Bomb Squad truck. That guy was very helpful in not letting the offender leave the scene.
I read an article on "Henrys". I discovered I am not one yet, but once I meet some of my goals I will be, and yet I will still be hopelessly in limbo and not at all relaxed in my lifestyle. I may be able to afford children by the time I can't physically have my own.
http://money.cnn.com/2008/10/24/magazines/fortune/tully_henrys.fortune/index4.htm
On the way home from work, some guy cut me off and I honked. The scary guy then pulled next to me, drove slowly and pantomimed shooting me with his gun fingers before driving away. It was kind of terrifying.
I saw a few trick-or-treaters on the way home, but no one is coming to our house.I think I will eat some candy now.
2 comments:
Henry's or at least their relationship to tax policy actually came from a guy named Stanley Surrey who was LBJs Assistant Secretary of Tax Policy. Before that he was a law professor at Harvard. When I was there I actually heard him speak and asked an unfriendly question. He babbled a bit. He had this nutty notion that there were lots of rich people who never paid tax. In reality that is baloney. The Alternative Minimum Tax is especially hurtful on Henry's because of the way the AMT limits deductions for things like state taxes.
It is crappy (a technical tax term) policy.
Jeez, sorry about all the car crap! That's terrible. I'm on a budget too, and I also hate it. :( As soon as we get rich from Obama spreading all that wealth around (hahahaha!!!!), I'll give you a cash gift, my dear.
Post a Comment