Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Shallow as a Dinner Plate

My new favorite expression from my best pal Catherine - Shallow as a Dinner Plate!

I'm sitting here lacking creative inspiration and then looking through my past posts and thinking - REALLY? Really? You are worried about what to write? Half the time you just blog about your feelings or fashion anyway (as my subtitle honestly reports).

Anyway, MJC is home now so I ought to/want to pay attention to him now.

I was working on my Maid of Honor speech the other day, last few days. It's saved as a draft in my blog from Sunday. Maybe I should go ahead and post what I have so I can feel good about that.
It's a tough speech to write and generally, I don't labor at writing like I have with this. I tend to spills things out and not edit at all (again as evidenced from previous blogs) but this I:
a) want to do be good at
b) will be in front of a lot of people (unlike my blog which only a small group of people read) and c) I have really conflicted feelings about the couple

If I had to write about Catherine and her husband or Trace and hers it would be easy, but this is much more complex.

Maybe I won't share it until it's finally finished at 7 pm or so on 9/6/08

1 comment:

Catherine Avril Morris said...

Ackshully, my dear, "shallow as a dinner plate" is from my friend Sherry. Just to give credit where credit is due. And it SURE was fun talking to you last night. I am sending you many Xs and Os. (And, looking thru your blog has gotten me hooked on the Calypso dress... Will I go try to find the Banana Republic version?? Well, I sure can't afford it, but that's not the answer to the question, now is it?)

Blog Archive

Followers