It's the day before the first day of summer and it was close to 100 degrees today. The seats of my car singed my thighs when I climbed into it after a long day.My new Marc by Marc skirt arrived yesterday so I guess technically this should have been posted as a Wednesday happening. This is it on the left.
The wonderful thing about it - It originally retailed for $228.00 and I got it for HALF PRICE on Bluefly.com. I am in love with Bluefly! The reason I am listing the skirt today is I found a new tailor on our side of town and dropped my new purchase off this afternoon to be hemmed. Please don't F it up! Please don't F it up!

My title as Cupcake Connoisseur was further earned this afternoon as I enjoyed 2 halves of a cupcake from a new place - Crumbs Bake Shop. As you may already know, two halves is a much smaller amount than one entire as far as cupcakes are concerned. This no doubt saved me countless calories. I still prefer Magnolia, Sprinkles and Yummy to these bad boys but naturally I would be willing to do another taste test. The simple girth of each cupcake is impressive but I prefer a more traditional butter cream frosting and was disappointed with the whipped frosting on these - the frosting:cupcake ratio was strong, but the frosting tasted a bit like supermarket sheet cake frosting. Although, I am in love with the prole taste of a groceries store bakery frosting, it's better on a sheet cake.
Sara Harlam emailed me back! Neat! I am was so excited to hear from her. Dee taught me not to chase people as friends but it would be a lovely little case of serendipity if we would reconnect in a quality way as adults.
US Weekly arrived today, which always thrills me. Michelle and Obama are on the cover.
Why Barack Loves Her
She shops at Target, loved Sex and the City, and never misses the girls' recitals.
The untold romance between the down-to-earth mom and the man who calls her 'my rock'
Sounds like my kind of hard hitting political coverage.
Lately, I have been in the mood for skirts and tops for work. I have a closet full of dresses after a year long obsession with a one piece option and now I want to create an outfit. A coworker of mine was wearing the best outfit the other day. It looked like a three tiered ruffle dress. In actuality, it was a ruffly petticoat type knee length skirt with a nightgown on top which revealed about 6 inches of flouncy fabulousness of the petticoat and a tunic on top of that. The color family and fabrics were all similar which is why it worked. Bravo! I love it when people style themselves without a big-budget closet - that is chic!
Oh! And I forgot the best thing? Remember the Grinch? Our old snarky assistant? She came up today in a meeting with some vendors. They *HATED* working with her! In the several months since she left there have been countless complaints and sighs of relief from people who had to interact with her on a regular basis. What's funny about this is that she truly thought she was invaluable and I bet she still thinks she could have a place back at our company as soon as she wants one. Fat chance! I love that! I know it's awful to gloat over other people's misfortune but she was truly hideous to me. I feel like there is justice in the world. All's well. She did not get away with it. You know? It's a good lesson to learn for the umpteenth time (I hate umpteenth) a tiger always shows his stripes at some point. Just keep doing what you are doing well and don't worry about anyone else - everything shakes out the right way doesn't it?
3 comments:
Mrs. Mikey
i have had such a laugh reading your blog. I am an Irish woman married and living in Alaska so I really appreciate your online tidbits of fashion finds! Keep on blogging and stay Fabulous darling!
Mrs. Freeman
Mrs. Freeman - You just made my whole day! Thanks for writing. I am so glad you enjoy my blog.
Mrs. Mikey
How really cool that you get comments from people you (presumably) don't know, who like your blog comments! I like the skirt pictured, and hope the hemmer did not indeed 'f it up'.
Post a Comment