Friday night MJC and I had a beer together and went to Gingergrass for dinner.
Saturday, we woke up early - I looked on eBay and blogged while MJC slept. We went to Lake to see the Summer Sale - which was unimpressive to say the least. We ran into our neighbor GiGi at the Coffee Table and got in the car to drive to our afternoon plans.
We'd planned on a noon time hike at Runyon Canyon with a work friend of mine and her husband I'd never met before. We had so much fun! It was hot out but we jogged through the canyon. When we were finished, we were having too much fun for it to be over and we felt like we deserved a margarita. Without a sure place to go, we settled on beer and lunch on a patio. Good seemed like the place to go. We stayed until almost evening and we found some new friends. Not just work friends anymore - friends.
When we got back home I was depleted from the sun. In French when you are beyond tired the phrase is "Completment Creve" which means literally, completely flattened. I napped on MJC's lap while he watched TV. We settled on skipping dinner and a 9:40 showing of Wanted with Angelina Jolie. It was solidly entertaining although I watched 90% of it through my fingers.
This morning we woke up and went for a walk. When we got to Sunset and Vermont we saw the Metro station and investigated a while. Neither one of us had never rode the thing, so we decided to try. MJC mentioned feeling very bougie that we thought of our metro as a novelty for a Sunday adventure when hundreds of people may use it every day. Downstairs looking at the map we decided to ride 4 stops to Hollywood and Highland.
Once there, we did a little shopping then made our way back.
It was a tough week for me at work and aiming to win Hubby of the Year, MJC booked a massage for us at the Massage Garage.
Heavenly.
No comments:
Post a Comment