I hope I don't forget all of the observations and feelings about the wedding and Philadelphia and everything else that happened since last week before I type out my thoughts. I don't have energy for much this morning.
I will limit my weekend summary to a few bullet points.
Best moments of the weekend:
- We saw fireworks twice
- MJC and I ran from our hotel to the Philadelphia Art Museum and back on the morning of the wedding- what a way to see a city - it was beautiful.
- The bridal brunch was at the Philadelphia Art Alliance - they served
little poached egg brioche cups, which were delicious! I want to figure out how to make them.
- I did yoga in my hotel room every day but yesterday - lovely.
- We got a terrific massage at the hotel spa.
- We met a lot of really nice people.
- First of all, the worst moments were not too bad...It was 97 degrees and humid and the wedding was outdoors.
- MJC's parents seemed to bring up every little negative thing they could about MJC - trust me there are not many things- but he ended up feeling a little defensive and irritated - why do parents do this?
- The bed in our hotel room Thursday night was less comfortable than sleeping on the floor.
- The bride's mom made her cry the first night we got in because the bride had shown her mother-in-law to be her mother's dress for the wedding. Why this is offensive I am not sure. Why do parents do things like this?
Not for the best or worst list, but I am so interested in all of the people who get jobs at airports. Airports are such a transitory place but for some people that is the place they sit in traffic to get to, they deal with customers and their bosses, they make friends, they take a lunch break and all of the people swirling around them are in and out constantly. They go to weddings, funerals, business trips, affairs, to see sick people and new babies, to look for colleges, you name it. The people at the airport see that all - all of those important events people are on their way to. The travelers for the most part only see them as backdrop in their story. But if you think about how many people the barista at the airport interacts with each day- she is the back drops in thousands of lives each day, which kind of makes her much more significant.
No comments:
Post a Comment