The crappy gray weather and my generally disjointed mood lately that made Memorial Day weekend feel like nothing special. We did a lot but I don't feel more relaxed OR like I accomplished much.
Since we moved to this side of town, we each go to the Westside at least once a week - MJC for school and me for acupuncture.
Friday afternoon, we found ourselves where else? On the Westside. We ran a million errands on without accomplishing much. I curbed my wheels when parking on a hill and couldn't unlock my steering wheel to get out. That ate up about 35 minutes and I almost broke a heel. We picked up MJC's suit for the wedding 2 weekends from now and suddenly it was 8:00 pm and we were starving and nowhere near home or a restaurant.
We drove back across town where we ate and baby-whispered Lisa Bonet's toddler. Driving home after 10, it seemed like we had the whole weekend in front of us.
MJC had school on Saturday, like always. I baked a cake and picked up a birthday gift for Liz. Then I drove back over to the Westside and went with Liz to try on her wedding dress at Saks.
Then we went to dinner to celebrate her 29th. We had another slab of cake before driving the long drive home. I could not relax all the way all night, not sure why.
Sunday we lazed about long enough to feel like total wasteoids then dragged ourselves up to go on a hike. Sadly, somewhere in the am, we crossed the line from feeling well-rested to just being mad at ourselves that we were still in bed.
Sunday afternoon we drove out to Topanga to see the girls and their parents - some of our favorite people. Charli wouldn't put on her own sweatshirt, so I put her in my cream-colored Marc Jacobs jacket so she could promptly and thoroughly roll around in the yard. It is now being dry-cleaned.
Dinner was a lot of fun but again we faced a long drive home.
With gas prices topping $4.00 a gallon this weekend, all of this driving was beyond ill-advised.
Monday morning the in-laws came back over for brunch at the Alcove and a tour of the Observatory, which was closed but scenic none-the-less.
MJC had to go to school in the afternoon, so I headed to Bahn Sabai for a facial and a Thai massage. When he got home, we watched Enchanted and a terrifying new show - Living Lohan and then crashed out.
No comments:
Post a Comment