Friday, November 30, 2007

Yay! It's Raining!

It is finally raining! I woke up today feeling a little grey and lucky me it was grey outside to match - which actually seemed to equalize the pressure inside like a car sinking into the bay. I feel as though, submerged under water, I will be able to open the doors and free myself! At least that is what I remember seeing in an episode of Duke's of Hazard. I feel remarkably sunny today actually.
This morning I pulled my crap little car into the parking lot and it was absolutely pouring. As I searched for my umbrella, Sammy (a maintenance man at work) was honking and screaming at me from a suburban. Naturally I thought I must be in trouble for something. But no, he was offering rides so none of us had to walk in from the parking lot to the office in the rain.
That is how my day started, with kindness.
Not at all breaking from her typical character, our snarly assistant was still just as snarly as ever...all day.
But then I bought the pictured pink wellies on sale (which I have always wanted to get but have never done) and stomped around Santa Monica and felt happy, cheerful and sweet.

2 comments:

thetulipquen said...

I love those wellies! You'll look great and your feet will be dry. How nice to feel good inside when it's not outside.

Mrs. Mikey said...

I got my beautiful pretty great cozy sweater from you today and I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it so much!
Thank you!!!!!

Blog Archive

Followers