Tuesday, October 30, 2007

New Discoveries



Nordstrom Half-Yearly Sale Coming Soon - Ooh! If only I had disposable income. I would most certainly get this Chloe printed cotton dress. The print is so pretty - I love the yellow with the gray. The leaves remind me of some piece of art. Why don't they have a database where you can type out the visual description of a portion of a piece of art you remember and then it pulls up all the pieces that contain yellow leaves outlines in gray. I wonder is they could do that. I lack follow-thru or I would do it myself. Instead I will ask allowed to the google gods - "PLEASE CREATE AN ART IMAGE DATABASE WHERE YOU CAN SEARCH BY KEY WORDS." I think I would even love to frame this dress on my wall - the silhouette is gorgeous too. But sadly, it is still $229 on sale.
Also MJC would not be excited about that (although it sure would look pretty with the mint green of our living room walls. There are currently two dresses hanging on the wall in our bedroom. I think MJC puts up with them but I know they are not his favorite "artwork". I think they look awesome! One is a dress Paula designed that is made of silk scarves; the one on the center of the chest is a big lions head - perfect for my leo self. The other is a fcuk dress I bought probably three years ago...why did I buy it? I think it was a birthday gift for myself and I remember being horrified that it cost so much but I had to have it. Now I wear it from time to time. A few months back I tried to rock it over jeans to work, thinking I looked Stevie Nicks in a good way, but then when I got to work I realized, nope! I looked Stevie Nicks in a bad way for sure. Sequins in the day time are hard to pull off.
http://tirocchi.stg.brown.edu/514/story/fashion_art.html

This one is amazing too. I started googling "Chloe dress prints" and then I stumbled across this site http://www.polyvore.com. Which is amazing! Why do I not know about this already.
Polyvore allows you to "
Create outfits using real products saved from any online store. Share your style with your friends or browse thousands of looks by color or brand." Wow! WOW! I mean, wow! This is the new BEST THING EVER!! I have to explore more...
http://www.techcrunch.com/2007/10/11/polyvore-to-tempt-fasionistas-to-create-then-spend/

Oh my gosh! This is a goldmine - http://fabsugar.com/

Then I from that, I found this

http://www.shopstyle.com/browse/Marc-by-Marc-Jacobs?fl=d4
<>

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers